Picton and the Marlborough Sounds are one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand attractions. There is so much to see and do from your base here in Picton, in the South Island of New Zealand.
ASURE Jasmine Court Motel is close to local restaurants, the township, waterfront and Waikawa Marina. We are happy to provide advice on local attractions, create itineraries and book your holiday activities.
Below are just some of the many options – just give us a call to find out more.
Things to do in Picton
|Beachcomber Fun Cruises
Queen Charlotte Sound Scenic and mail run daily cruises. Lunch cruises and water transport to Queen Charlotte Track and Motuara Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
Your guides to the Marlborough Sounds. Local experts for sea kayaking, hiking and mountain biking.
Wildlife-focused tours combine scenic cruise and nature experience. Encounter seals, sea-birds and dolphins. Dolphin viewing and swimming.
|Marlborough Sounds Adventure Company
Specialists in Queen Charlotte Track and Marlborough Sounds adventure holidays. Hiking, biking or kayaking!
|Waterways Boating Safaris
Experience the thrill of driving your own boat through the beautiful, sheltered waterways of the Marlborough Sounds.
|Natural Encounters – Marlborough Sounds
All inclusive guided and independent walking and mountain biking
packages of the Queen Charlotte Track walkway.
|Lochmara Lodge Wildlife Recovery & Arts Centre
This inspiring Wildlife Recovery and Arts Centre is set on the tranquil shores of Lochmara Bay – a truly unique experience.
|Greenshell Mussel Cruise
A wonderful cruise from the Havelock Marina. Visit a Greenshell mussel farm for the perfect wine and food match of fresh steamed mussels served with a glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.
|Sounds Connection Wine Tours & Fishing Charters
Showcasing the best of Marlborough wineries, scenic tours and Marlborough Sounds fishing charters.
Think of us as the ideal New Zealand accommodation for your Queen Charlotte track walk or your next holiday.
Whether you are planning a relaxing holiday in a peaceful environment, or a busy break filled with activities and exploring, this beautiful part of New Zealand is the ideal destination. Browse through our gallery, read about our Picton accommodation options, rates and facilities, or simply give us a call to book your stay.
Explore Picton and the Marlborough Region
You really need to allow a few days to really explore the Marlborough region. We can help you put together a great itinerary of local tours and activities and book these for you. As an Interislander booking agent, we can even take care of your ferry travel bookings.
Why not stay another day and…
- Really relax: Relax on the Picton waterfront, take in the shops and galleries. Savour a delicious coffee or lunch with a view of the harbour.
- Jump on a bike: Our two mountain bikes are available for our guests and are ideal for riding nearby trails – or simply exploring picturesque Picton and Waikawa Bay.
- Go golfing: Koromiko Golf Club is a mere 10 minutes from Picton and we have 2 sets of clubs available for our guests.
- Venture further afield: Take a day trip to Nelson, Kaikoura, St Arnaud, the Nelson Lakes and Rainbow Ski field are all just 2 hours drive from Picton.
- Cruise to the Capital: A leisurely 3 hour cruise on an Inter-island ferry day excursion will take you across to Wellington. Visit Te Papa National Museum, Zealandia Sanctuary or just spend the day exploring our Capital city. We can even book this for you.
|The River Queen – a classic Riverboat cruise.
|Omaka Aviation Heritage Centre
|The Vines Village
|Greenshell Mussel Cruise
|Shark Nett Gallery – Maori Art
|Picton Marlborough New Zealand
|Marlborough Travel Guide